Forests are important natural resources that play an important role in maintaining balance between other natural resources such as soil, water, air, wildlife, etc. … Forests are referred as ‘lungs of the earth’ as they help to purify air by releasing oxygen and absorning carbon dioxide in bulk through photosynthesis.
How do forests help the wildlife?
Forests provide shelter to a wide range of animals. If the trees are destroyed, these animals also die as they do not have their natural habitat. This destruction makes many of the endangered species of plants and animals extinct. Forests play a role in the carbon cycle by absorbing carbon dioxide from the animals.
How does forest help in maintaining the balance of nature?
They preserve an appropriate equilibrium of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. They also present a variety of raw materials such as timber, wood etc and provides food inhabitants and nearby peoples. Forests have a significant ecological utility in fixing and storing carbon from the atmosphere.
How can we conserve forest Class 7?
Ways to conserve forests are : (1) Excessive cutting down of forest trees should not be allowed by the Government to conserve forests. (2) More trees should be planted in the forest in place of cut down trees to conserve forests. (3) Paper products (such as old newspapers, magazines, books and notebooks, etc.)
How can we conserve the forest?
The following steps should be taken for the conservation of forests:
- Regulated and Planned Cutting of Trees:
- Control over Forest Fire:
- Reforestation and Afforestation:
- Check over Forest Clearance for Agricultural and Flabitation Purposes:
- Protection of Forest:
- Proper Utilisation of Forest Products and Forests:
Why do we need to conserve wildlife?
1) we need to conserve wildlife because it protects the ecosystem. Wildlife species can maintain the ecological balance of nature. So we have to save wildlife species. … Because forests are the natural habitats and trees are shelters for wild animals.
How do forest play an important role in maintaining?
The importance of forests cannot be underestimated. We depend on forests for our survival, from the air we breathe to the wood we use. Besides providing habitats for animals and livelihoods for humans, forests also offer watershed protection, prevent soil erosion and mitigate climate change.
When we conserve forests we conserve wildlife and soil as well explain?
When we conserve forests, we conserve soil by preventing soil erosion. They also maintain the fertility of soil. Similarly, trees in the forest provide shelter and safety to animals. They also provide food to wildlife.
How can we conserve forest Class 6?
Ways to conserve forests:
- Afforestation and reforestation.
- Declaring a large patch of forests as ‘sacred groves’
- Joint Forest Management (JFM)
- Regulated and planned cutting of trees.
- Control over forest fire.
- Check over forest clearance for agricultural and habitation purposes.
How are plants beneficial to animals Class 7?
Answer: Plants are capable of making their own food. All animals whether herbivores, carnivores or omnivores can not make their own food; hence, they depend on the plants for their food. Herbivores feed on plants to obtain nutrition.
How we can conserve wildlife?
This has an effect on the food chain as well as the environment. … 3)More National Parks and Sanctuaries should be built throughout the country to protect the natural environments of wild animals and birds. 4) The Department of Government should conduct a wildlife conservation survey in all forests on a regular basis.
How does forest conservation program help conserve the environment?
Reforestation, tree plantation, protection of pasture land help to conserve the soil. Terrace farming in a slope land, use of compost fertilize and minimizing the use of chemicals also helps to protect the soil. Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation, Ministry of Agriculture, etc.
How can we conserve forests and trees?
Effective Ways to Conserve Forest
- Laws and Rules Help Prevent Deforestation. …
- Planned and Regulated Tree-cutting. …
- ‘Sustained Yield’ Method. …
- Reforestation. …
- Afforestation. …
- Monitor Agriculture. …
- Protect Existing Forests. …
- Produce Less Waste.