What are 3 influences on climate?
Introduction: Climate is determined by the temperature and precipitation characteristics of a region over time. The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation, and the presence of ocean currents.
What three factors have the greatest influence on climate?
There are different factors affect the climate like planting areas, land surface, location for latitude and longitude lines, Ocean currents and other bodies of water, snow and ice. The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation.
What are the factors that influence the climate of a place?
Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What is the most important influence on the climate of an area?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important. Some areas have a much larger range between highest and lowest temperature than other areas.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
Which of the following influences the climate of the Philippines?
Typhoons have a great influence on the climate and weather conditions of the Philippines. A great portion of the rainfall, humidity and cloudiness are due to the influence of typhoons.
What are the factors that influence the climate of India?
Factors Influencing Indian Climate
- Latitudinal location.
- Distance from the Sea.
- The Himalayas.
- Monsoon Winds.
- Upper Air Circulation.
- El Nino and La Nina.
- Tropical Cyclones and Western Disturbances.
What are the factors that affect the climate of an area Class 9?
6 Factors for Climatic Control
- Latitude. Due to the curvature of the Earth, the amount of solar energy received by various regions is different according to the latitude.
- Altitude. The temperature and density are lesser at higher altitudes.
- Pressure and wind System. …
- Distance from the Sea. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Relief Features.
What are the three basic types of precipitation?
The most common types of precipitation are rain, hail, and snow.