The three main factors of weather are light (solar radiation), water (moisture) and temperature.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors that affect weather and climate?
The five factors that determine the weather of any land area are: the amount of solar energy received because of latitude; the area’s elevation or proximity to mountains; nearness to large bodies of water and relative temperatures of land and water; the number of such storm systems as cyclones, hurricanes, and …
What are the 4 factors that affect weather?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the 6 factors that affect climate?
There are six major natural climate factors: air masses and winds, latitude, ocean currents, elevation, relief, and bodies of water. Some are global factors that affect all parts of Earth.
What are the 7 factors that affect climate?
Important Terms: Climate, latitude, windward, leeward, elevation, precipitation, prevailing winds; Materials: Student Activity Sheet ” Factors That Influence Climate”, world atlas, pencil/pen; Procedure: 1.
What are the 3 main factors that affect climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.