What are the factors that determine the climate of India?
Factors Influencing Indian Climate
- Latitudinal location.
- Distance from the Sea.
- The Himalayas.
- Monsoon Winds.
- Upper Air Circulation.
- El Nino and La Nina.
- Tropical Cyclones and Western Disturbances.
What are the factors of climate explain Class 9?
In particular to a country like India, the factors that are considered to affect the climatic conditions are- Latitude, Altitude, Pressure, and Winds, which means it is influenced by pressure and surface winds, upper air circulation, western cyclonic disturbances and tropical cyclones.
What are the factors which affect the climate of an area Class 9?
Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What are the 5 factors that determine climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors that affect the climate of India Class 10?
Climate of India: 10 Factors which Influence the Climate of India
- Location and Latitudinal Extent: …
- Distance from the Sea: …
- The Northern Mountain Ranges: …
- Physiography: …
- Monsoon Winds: …
- Upper Air Circulation: …
- El-Nino Effect: …
- La Nina:
What is the climate of India Short answer?
India hosts two climatic subtypes- tropical monsoon climate, tropical wet and dry climate that fall under this group. 1) The most humid is the tropical wet climate—also known as tropical monsoon climate—that covers a strip of southwestern lowlands abutting the Malabar Coast, the Western Ghats, and southern Assam.
What are the 3 main factors that affect climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
How is climate determined?
Climate is determined by the long-term pattern of temperature and precipitation averages and extremes at a location. … Climate descriptions can refer to areas that are local, regional, or global in extent.
What are the two main factors determining climate quizlet?
What is climate? What two main factors determine climate? A region’s long term atmospheric conditions. Temperature and precipitation effect climate.