There are 5 factors which affect climate.
What are the 7 factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors that affect the climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.
What are the 6 factors that affect climate?
There are six major natural climate factors: air masses and winds, latitude, ocean currents, elevation, relief, and bodies of water. Some are global factors that affect all parts of Earth.
What are the major 4 factors affecting the climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the 5 factors that affect the climate of a place?
Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What are the 6 major controls of the climate of the world?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
Which two factors have the greatest effect on climate?
The two most important factors in the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation. The yearly average temperature of the area is obviously important, but the yearly range in temperature is also important.
What are the five major causes of climate?
The National found out the five main culprits for this increase in greenhouse gases.
- Fossil fuels. Expand Autoplay. …
- Deforestation. …
- Increasing livestock farming. …
- Fertilisers containing nitrogen. …
- Fluorinated gases.