Paper, newspapers, magazines, Yellow pages, junk mail (remove from plastic bags), envelopes – no need to remove windows. Please bag up shredded paper to reduce the risk of littering during collection. Glass bottles and jars – rinsed with no lids.
Can you dispose of shredded paper?
Many local councils will collect shredded paper in your regular household recycling collections. Your local councils may ask that you put it in a paper bag or paper envelope before placing it in your recycling bin. … Small pieces of paper get trapped in the paper recycling machinary and can cause a fire hazard.
Can you put shredded paper in the recycling bin UK?
Shredded paper can be recycled, but not all local councils will collect it for recycling, as some paper mills can’t process it. This is because: Shredding paper weakens it; It could pose problems at paper mills e.g. maintenance and fire hazard issues.
How do I dispose of shredded paper UK?
Do not put shredded paper in your recycling wheeled bin as the small pieces often fall through the machinery used to sort recyclables. Shredded paper can be added to your home compost bin and is suitable as a bedding material for some animals. Otherwise it should be placed in your waste wheeled bin.
What do I do with my shredded paper?
How to recycle shredded paper
- Keep it contained. In most cities, shredded paper is recyclable as long as it’s contained. …
- Go to a shredding event. Cities host paper shredding events all the time. …
- Compost it.
Which bin does shredded paper go in?
Put shredded paper, kitchen roll and napkins/tissues in your green/brown bin or your home composter. Remove plastic tape and tear into sections to make space in your bin. Takeaway pizza boxes can be ripped up and placed in your green/brown bin.
How do you dispose of confidential shredded paper?
How to dispose of confidential information
- Check all paper waste that you throw away – if it contains personal or sensitive data, it needs to be securely shredded.
- Use the confidential waste bin or cross-cut shredder in your workspace for document disposal.
- Don’t leave confidential waste in bags in public areas.